- In paying your booking deposit you are deemed to have read and accepted the following terms and conditions, and the other information, which form the charter contract between you and ALTERNATIVE SAILING.
- When making your booking you guarantee that you have the authority to do so and you accept on behalf of your yacht charter party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract exists as soon as you sign the yacht charter agreement.
- You should check the details of your confirmation carefully to ensure that it accurately reflects the booking you have requested and immediately inform us of any discrepancies. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions which are governed by Greek Law and we both agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Greek Courts at all times. If any part of your holiday booked by us is not as described, or is not of a reasonable standard, we will accept responsibility if this is due to a fault on our part. We do not accept responsibility for the acts and or omissions of our travel providers, charter suppliers and operators. We do not accept responsibility if the fault is caused by you or any member of your party, a third party or an event which we could not with due care have foreseen or avoided. Where the services are provided by air or sea carriers our liability is limited in line with the appropriate international convention.
- Please refer to the specific charter operator contract and conditions for your charter. You have the right to inspect the yacht, her gear and inventory and to ensure that all items are present and in good working condition. However, such acceptance does not imply that you assume responsibility for any failure, damage, loss or expense due to normal wear and tear, or defects which are agreed and noted on the Take-Over Form.
- If you return the yacht late at the end of a charter, you will be liable to pay a penalty charge, and you will be liable for all recovery costs. We will not provide alternative return flights.
Deposit: A deposit of 30% is required on signing the charter agreement. The balance of 70% is due before embarkation.
Payments for your yacht charter vacation are accepted by bank transfer (US$, Euro). Normally payments are made in the same currency that the yacht charter is advertised in, although the type of accepted currency is sometimes negotiable.
Prices: Prices detailed are subject to change at any time until first payment has been received. We reserve the right to correct any pricing errors or omissions that may occur. We recommend that you book as soon as possible to ensure the availability and pricing of any travel services shown.
Final payment: Final payment is due no later than embarkation. Balance reminders are not issued. If you fail to pay on time, the company reserves the right to cancel your charter, without refund of your deposit.
Method of Payment: Prices are valid for payment by cash via direct debit or telegraphic transfer into the ALTERNATIVE SAILING Account. Bank account details will be supplied. Personal cheques and bank drafts are acceptable but a booking will not be considered to be finalized until cleared funds have been received.
Check in/Check out: Embarkation: 17:00 hrs. Disembarkation: 10:00 hrs (The yacht should be returned to the homeport the afternoon prior to disembarkation by 18:00 hrs).
Charter Includes: VAT, yacht, linen & towels, dinghy with o/b & gas.
Passports, Visas and Health: You are responsible for ensuring that you possess all necessary documentation including passports and visas for your holiday. For all destinations, you should consult the appropriate consulate. All travelers must have a valid passport for international travel. Many countries require passports to be valid for 6 months beyond your stay. Visas & entry permits are required for many countries. Passports, visas & re-entry permits are the responsibility and cost of you the charterer and traveler please check with your qualified travel agent or consulate. For health enquiries call your Travelers Medical / Vaccination Centre or see your Doctor. We recommend that you check travel advisory information on your destinations.
Cancellation or Variation of the yacht charter by the Yacht Charterer
If you, as the yacht charterer, wish to cancel your yacht charter you must notify us immediately in writing. Cancellation will be effective on the date at which ALTERNATIVE SAILING receives the cancellation. If you have notified us by email please follow up to check that we have received it. The particular contract you have signed will govern the law and cancellation process.
Cancellation or Variation of the yacht charter by ALTERNATIVE SAILING
We will do our best to provide the contracted facilities but occasionally we may have to make a significant change to your charter yacht vacation holiday arrangements. The arrangements for vacations are made many months in advance and it is sometimes inevitable that changes may become necessary. We reserve the right to make such changes should they become necessary. Most of these changes will usually be minor and we will advise you or your travel agent of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements. We will contact you to discuss alternative arrangements. If we are unable to provide an acceptable alternative, or if circumstances arise beyond our control, we may find it necessary to cancel your holiday before departure. In this case we will return in full the booking deposit.
Force Majeure: This means that we will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your yacht charter or travel arrangements in any way because of war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances that may amount to force majeure.
We do not accept responsibility if the fault is caused by you or any member of your party, an unconnected third party or an event which we or our supplier could not with due care have foreseen or avoided. Where the services are provided by air or sea carriers our liability is limited in line with the appropriate international convention.
We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to terminate without further notice the yacht charter vacation arrangements of any client who refuses to comply with the instructions or orders of the company staff, agent or other responsible person whose behavior in their opinions is likely to cause distress, damage, danger or annoyance to other customers, staff, any third party or to property. Upon such termination our responsibility for your vacation ceases and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you. Any client who is denied boarding on the outbound/inbound flight on the decision of the airline staff or aircraft captain shall be deemed to have given notice of cancellation on his/her booking at that moment, and cancellation charges will apply in accordance with cancellation charges above.
Laws of the country where you or your charter yacht is located
No-one in your party should commit an act contrary to the laws of the country. If any such act is committed, the agreement between us will automatically terminate, but without prejudice to ALTERNATIVE SAILING rights. You and/or your party will carry full responsibility and answer to the appropriate Authorities.
It is strongly suggested that all members of your party have comprehensive travel insurance.
Yacht Charter Complaint Procedure
We aim to provide you with the best yacht charter vacation holiday possible, but if a problem occurs you must report it to ALTERNATIVE SAILING, as soon as possible, or to the charter operator manager or skipper who will try to resolve it on the spot.
If you fail to follow this simple procedure ALTERNATIVE SAILING will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were on your yacht charter vacation and this may affect your rights under this contract. The Charter Contract is made on the terms of the particular yacht charter Booking Conditions and is governed in all respects by Greek Law and shall submit to the jurisdiction of the Greek Courts.